Drumshanganlea is set in mixed farmland and deciduous woodland in the secluded Fleet Valley, three and a half miles inland from Gatehouse of Fleet. One of the only pair of cottages in Drumshangan meadow, the cottage offers views of both river and a bank of larches with plenty of colour throughout the year.
Being near the end of the minor public road there is little passing traffic. The pretty fenced garden is a pleasant haven and an ideal place if you want to enjoy quiet countryside. If you are lucky you can see an otter in the river whilst deer and red squirrels are commonly seen. The varied birdlife includes red kites and buzzards in summer and winter as well as spotted flycatchers in nearby Carstramon Wood.
Walkers have ready access to the extensive oak and bluebell Carstramon Wood (Scottish Wildlife Trust) as well as open moorland. There are good walking guides in the cottage and many new signposted walks.
- Linked sitting and dining rooms with stove and a basket of logs for cosy evenings. Central heating for additional warmth and comfort. Fuel and power included in rent.
- Well equipped kitchen with electric cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine.
- 3 bedrooms, one double downstairs overlooking river, one with two single beds (one 2’6) overlooking back garden, third upstairs with twin beds and adjoining shower-room. Bed linen and towels provided. Hairdryer. Cot and baby chair on request.
- Downstairs bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Water supplied from local spring
- One shallow step to front door.
- Fully fenced garden with seating area. BBQ. Parking for 2 cars. Cover for bicycles.
- Wi-Fi, Phone, Radio/CD player. TV (Freesat and DVD).
- A selection of books, DVDs, games and puzzles